Sunday, January 9, 2011

No excuses...really

I'm really not good at this...why can't I ever find time to update this more often?

So, here's what has been going on in our lives the past 2 months:

Travis graduated!!!  He earned his associates through SLCC is past December.  Next step, transfer to the University of Utah to study business.  Hopefully he will be able to start in the Fall.  I'm as so proud of him.  He really had a difficult time, mainly with his math classes, but he kept pushing like a champ! 

I got a new calling.  I am the Miamaid Advisor.  I absolutely LOVE it.  The girls are amazing and the leaders are the best!  I am having a blast and am so grateful to be serving in our ward.  It has been fun to get to know the girls and the other women that I am serving with.  They are an amazing group of women and I am so privileged to serve with them.

Other news, we finished our Foster Care Pre-service Training Classes.  We did 2 classes a week for 4 weeks for 4 hours each night.  It was a crazy/busy time, but so amazing.  I didn't think that I would enjoy the classes, but they were awesome.  I learned so much.  Some nights were really overwhelming, particularly when we were talking about abuse and other hard topics, but we are still cautiously optimistic that this is a door we need to open.  We just have a few more things to do and then we will be licensed.  Hopefully everything will be done in 3-4 weeks.  We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

We have a new member of the family.  My sister had an adorable baby boy on December 13th.  I got to spend some time with her other kiddo while she was in the hospital with baby.  It was a lot of fun to be with Quinton for a few days.  It is so fun to have Dominic part of the family!



Finally, we had a wonderful holiday season.  It was awesome to spend time with family and just be.  I got 2 weeks off work, which was really nice and needed!  We are so blessed to be close to both of our families and get to spend so much time with them. 

Thanks again for all the thought and prayers on our behalf!
We love you all!

No comments: