It has been a crazy couple of months. Little man is still living with us and we are still in love. It has been so interesting learning to parent a four year old. I've never had a newborn, but it seems like there is a little margin for error, but with a four year old, you got to have your stuff together. You have to be consistent...you can't be wishy-washy because he'll see right through it. Four year olds like to test and push all of your button. He wants to make sure that you are 100% positive that you're in this for the long haul. No matter how naughty he gets, he wants to make sure that you're not going to send him back.
We have gotten attached and I think that the feeling is mutual. A few weeks ago, my sister was watching him while I was out of town. She was telling her son to do some thing. This is the conversion that followed.
Little man: "Why did you tell him to do that?"
Marlee "Because I'm his mom."
My brother-in-law:"Like how Travis and Megan are your mom and dad."
Little man: "I like my dad."
My sister: "What is your dad's name?"
Little man: "Travis, you know Travis, right?"
When she told me this story, I seriously thought I was going to cry right there in the middle of Winco. I don't know what we'll do if we don't get to adopt him. We'll cross that bridge when/if we get there. It just amazes me that such a little guy can affect you so much. I will never be the same.
Please continue to pray for us that everything will work out.
Love you all!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'd love to talk to you about little man's case. I bet I could give you some insights on things if you needed. He is so adorable and lucky to have you guy's!
Love the conversation he had. Things like that can melt your heart
Post a Comment