Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Happy news...
Last Monday, we received a call about a little 4 year old boy. They said that he has some special needs, but felt that he would do well in our home. I was so scared and nervous, but said that I would talk to Travis about it. I was thinking that we probably would not take him, but Travis felt very strongly that we at least go meet him. So, we went to meet him on April 27. We arrived at the shelter where he was living and told them that we were there to meet this little guy. We signed in and then they went to get him. Our hearts were pounding and our stomaches were in knots. The door opened and in walked the most adorable little guy. Blond hair, big blue eyes, long eye lashes. He hid behind the ladies legs and they led us to a room so that we could interact with him. He was very anxious and nervous and tried to run away within the first 5 minutes. They suggested that we go outside, because he may do better. We played with him on the playground for about 30 minutes. We told the therapist that we needed to talk about everything and would let them know what we decided. As we were driving home, we both knew that he needed to be in our lives. We then started seeing him everyday after that; taking him to dinner, day visits to our house, and eventually, an over-night visit that turned into him not leaving. He has been with us for a week and we are loving it. It is amazing how some one so little can impact your life so much. For right now, we don't know if we will be able to adopt him, we're hopeful, but we do know that he is suppose to be with us-even if it is for just a short time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That is so exciting! I hope everything works out!
=)!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!
That is happy news. :) What a lucky little boy to be in a home where he will be loved by you and Travis.
You guys are amazing. What a long hard road. He sounds absolutely perfect! I hope for the best. Way to stay positive.
Awesome! So excited for you!!!
I am so happy for you guys! What an incredible journey. He is so lucky to have you guys right now in his life!
Post a Comment